Friday, June 6, 2008

my donut journey.

im not sure whether people know dis thing , but im used to be called donut when i was small. not dat i was called donut because im chubby, but because i do love to eat donut.here is sumting about me and my donut journey.

malay donut

it started when my mum loves to make donut at home. da malay donut. with sugar all over it. n its not even flour-ish sugar, but , its da type of sugar where u can see it bit by bit. n i love dat very much. normally my mum will keep it , sometimes for my sister or my dad, n i remember stole it from da cupboard.i cant do anything , i love donut.hehe. well, kids those days love to eat sweet things n i do too. but not now. i cant stand da sweetness. n the passion towards donut continue when im in school. although its not dat nice like the one my mum did, but , it still a donut. i have to line up to buy it , im not sure y people love donut so much when i was at school. i guess their name is donut too.i duno.

dunkin' donuts

when i was about 10, i think its on my sister's birthday , my dad brought a new version of donut back home. it is called dunkin donuts. there was no dunkin donuts franchise watsoever in klang those days. i was so happy,because its a donut, but sumting on top, other than the sugar. colours, nuts, cream.perfect.my fav is blueberry.love the jam in it. and strawberry too.

big apple donut

when im at ipba, dat is when i was 18, i gt to know big apple. i first ate it when i was in foundation years n my first big apple donut is from the curve. i like it. because the donut is more nicer, its softer than any donut i ate before. and more flavor. green tea is my favourite. not sweet , but not tasteless. and some new ( i think brilliant) flavors that i discovered., that can be placed on a donut - durian n chicken floss (or malay call it serunding). and my ash love it too. still remember that we ran to buy big apple donuts for his parents when i first wana meet them. memories.

j.co donut

a brilliant donut label from indonesia. never expect it came from indonesia , but, it is. the first franchise in malaysia , and its at pavilion. n people love it like hell. because its da first in malaysia. dis donut, reminds me of jg, she actually ran for the donut shop in pavilion.its really satisfy us dat day, when we get to eat it. hehhe.for me, its something like big apple, no big difference , but more classy flavors and promotions. my fav , still green tea and alcapone.

krispy kreme

i first gt my hand on it last march when i visit ashwin n crew at sydney. at macquarie centre. we bought a box of 12. i remember working on my assignment at sydney , with a cup of tea and krispy kreme donut. :) . its REALLY sweet. its worth it , but i cant eat a lot, because of the sweetness. when i ate it at sydney , there is no franchise of krispy kreme at brisbane. but last month , they opened a new one here. n da line is so crazy. people can actually wait in that long line just to taste the donut. reminds me of j.co. my fav cinnamon apple. da smell of it,makes me smile. i love it.



whatever the brand is , i still love the traditional malay donut. reminds me a lot of my childhood. and dat doesnt stop me from getting my hands on new labels of donut in the future. people say , u will get to know more knowledge when u travel more, n yes, i gt to taste da donut too.hehhe. :)

note : no offence to those makcik that i bought donut from them before in my life and i didnt mention it in this page. i appreciate ur donut too. i only include the major donut label. hehhe. :P

love, syarifah.

5 comments:

Pure Raver said...

Me want kripy kreme...

Sorry haven't been here in a while. Was actually reading lots on KFC before u got this up. haha.

miss miss u.

nirzehrun said...

so,people now gonna noe how i actually ran to the queue in order to get j.co,huh??
hahahaaha

i lurve greentea n alcapone 2!
not forgetting the one wif strawberry cream inside,forgot the name.......

Pure Raver said...

Jg emo. Semata2 for J Co dia berlari. ish ish ish... *whistles*

jkjk.

kellneriner said...

LOL dear we're all missin j co big apple n all very much huh :P

farah, s. said...

oow...
this entry is soooo sweet..
as sweet as donut ;p