Tuesday, October 14, 2008

touch the heart and touch the mind

When I was in my high school, I read a book called ‘A child called it’ by Dave Pelzer. It really inspires me until this second. It really taught me that courage and unyielding determination enabled anyone to get what they want in life. From reading that book, I also noticed that writing has a very powerful impact in our everyday lives. We tend to be influenced by materials that we read. Realising that fact, I decided to go for publishing.

For me, this life is about reaching your goal and work towards your dream. I am aware that people will definitely ask me why I choose publishing instead of architecture for my degree. During the process of doing my diploma, I realize that I am more interested in graphic design. As mentioned above, I realise the power of publishing – influence and inspire people, and this world cannot run from the fact that we live surrounded by publications. I always believe that by doing what we love is the best way to success in life. However, I have no regrets having a diploma in architecture due to the fact that I see it as a good foundation for my passion towards publishing.

I hope this degree in publishing will be an eye-opener for me to see the real world. Nothing is more rewarding than to write and design what is worth publishing, to find honest people to publish it, and get sensible people to read it. Because the result will be tremendous as it will definitely touch people’s heart and mind.

3 comments:

nirzehrun said...

bursa u amek publishing??
when???

pinkrain said...

nice, jg. i wrote dis for nadia. shes going to have an interview for her degree. but , i like it. this super short essay (considering the thousands words essays.. hehhehe).

nadia alias said...

lalalala.. kelebihan kawan tesl. lalalalal =P