Tuesday, April 22, 2008

sepet n him.

i just finished watching sepet.for how many times, i duno.i havent talk to my bf for almost two days and im having my period. u know how a girl can be so sensitive and emotional when theyre having period. he got sum economics seminar and hes one of the committee members. i really miss talking to him, because normally we will ym-ing each other or talk using skype.

he posted all the yasmin ahmads dvd to me last month. i cried when i received that because he knows how i love those movies - sepet,gubra and mukhsin. especially sepet. it reminds me of myself and him.greatly.

i cried.obviously.the movie touches lotsa stuff. stuff that i can relate to myself and my society. it also break the typical malay movie curse because it is not stereotyping stuff . it really shows the reality of malaysian people.i agreed with jason- u wont see dis in da newspaper, but its true. theres so many things dat is important but always ignored by us that yasmin touch in that movie. especially about races, love and well-being of the community. i especially love the conversation between keong n jason. when they talked about love, youngsters nowadays and society - they did mentioned about how diff old people n us,frenship and races issue. u wont know how a race is like until u get to know them. do not judge.

the fact that i like the most in this movie is because of the shots taken, the scenes, and the abnormality of the topic discussed by the malaysian.the pictures are very2 beautiful. not many scripts involve,the simplicity of the movie, the music and also they keep it very oldskool- orked's name, the car, house and baju kurung.love it. Yasmin really shows the uniqueness and the difference in the characters. like jason , who would expect , a chinese guy, selling pirated cds, read and write poetry. especially tagore's.

and in that movie , it really shows about the importance of family relationship in shaping a person. u cant see dis in other movie - the relationship between ida n harith. n how both of them treat adibah noor and their daughter.

it is a brave things to do. something different yet so true in malaysia. applause for yasmin ahmad.

p/s - dis movie reminds me of -
1) jason that i know - he also selling pirated dvd at asia cafe.so2 like jason , only the jason in sepet is cuter.
2) the time when me n my boyfriend went to see actorlympics at actor studio where we have to direct ida n afdlin for an hindustan song.such an honour and it really makes me happy because i did it with my boyfriend. (Note: The BF was the one who pushed her to help direct. :P)
3)me n my boyfriend. hes a halfchinese and i love orked.

hoping that i can talk to him about my sepet moment before i head to bed tonite.

1 comment:

nirzehrun said...

interacial relationship is tough.i should know.